Saturday, March 17, 2012

Maybe if I Liked Trashy Underaged Girls

So when I got invited to a dance party, that Nate Morris said a few pretty girls he knew were attending, I wanted to go. For the girls obviously, but also because I'm such a routine kind of guy. A dance party, at least in my mind, is the farthest thing from something I'd enjoy. If there's someone who knows me better, I'm open to suggestions.

It was a Mardi Gra party, held in a Laser Tag arena. There were a few arcades that were probably put together before I was, as well as some cheap pizza in the back room. I kind of wish I knew this before I paid the 5 buck to get in.

I've never understood how you meet someone at a dance party, at least at dance parties like this. Of all the girls rubbing their butts on every nearby person, how do you know which one is compatible with you? Having a girl grind on you really only establishes that she has a butt, which is usually obvious enough unless she's a centaur or something. We wandered through this mess for a few minutes looking for Nate's friends but we couldn't find them.

As we sat out in the lobby, I in my gray slacks and button up shirt, I popped a few cough drops in my mouth and realized that this perhaps was not my scene. And then a girl who looked like she was 15 walked by wearing a fish net for a shirt, because if you're going to wear a bright green bra it would be a waste if no one got to see you in it. We decided to go after about an hour so we could get our five dollar's worth.

I learned something from all of this, and it's that comfort zones exist for a reason. I have 20+ years of experience that tells me not to go to dance parties or do other things like play tackle football or go to the zoo. Who am I to fight these things? I figure it's gotten me this far.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you at least looked good when you were out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete